About This Course
Family and Couple Counseling is a branch of psychology and clinical social work that works with families and couples in intimate relationships to nurture change and development. It tends to change in terms of the systems of interaction between family members. This type of counseling focuses on communication, coping skills, constructive problem-solving, as well as ways to build trust and strengthen healthy relationships in a family system and the couples. The range of physical and psychological problems treated by Family and Couple Counseling include marital and couple conflict including separation or divorce, parent and child conflict, alcohol and drug abuse, sexual dysfunction, financial difficulties, grief, distress, eating disorders and weight difficulties, behavior problems in children such as self-harm, life transitions such as job loss, and difficulties with eldercare such as coping with a parent’s or grandparent’s dementia. Marriage and family counseling practitioners also work with mental-health matters such as a family member’s depression, anxiety, or schizophrenia, and they address the effect these concerns have on the rest of the family.
This program is designed to provide an opportunity to all aspirants who require valuable and necessary information in the field of Family and Couple Counseling. By joining this course, you can identify the abnormality at a very early stage and get to the roots of such abnormal behaviors, e.g., anxiety, hyperactivity, and other issues concerned with learning. You will be able to help prevent, diagnose and evaluate the delays in normal development or abnormalities in children.
Scope Of Diploma in Family and Couple Counseling
- Marriage Counselor
- Health Counselor
- School Counselor
- Carrer Guidance Counselor
- Learning Counselor
- Primary Counselor
- Teaching Assistant
- Career advisor
- Graduates can work in Old age homes
- Government welfare Officer
Who can join?
- Teachers, Trainers, Counselors, and Students who wish to upgrade their skills. Anyone interested in family and couple counseling.
- above 17
- 12th class psychology students, BA and MA students pursuing psychology, counselors and anyone who wants to learn psychology.
Duration Of this Course:
- 1 Year
Fee structure –
- One Time Payment: 22500/-
- Installment Fee: 25000/-
- first Installment:10000/-, Second Installment:8000/-, Third Installment:7000/-.
How will the course benefit you?
-By joining the course, you will be able to Understand:
- Know the meaning of couple, marital relationship, and family.
- Describe the changing types of families.
- Explain the nature, scope and goals of couple and family counselling.
- Understand Schizophrenia and the role of family members.
- Various theories on family therapy and their types.
- Understanding counseling process – from initiation to termination
a) Will I get study material?
Ans. Yes, you will get eBooks, notes, ppt and recordings which you can access from the ABCD application and google drive too.
b) Will a certificate be provided?
Ans. Yes, after the classes and submission of assignments, case study and activities, there will be an online exam after which you will be provided with a Marksheet and a certificate which is provided from ICPEM registered under Niti Ayog, Govt. of India. You will get a hardcopy at your doorstep.
c) Can I get placement after this?
Ans. This Diploma is helpful for gaining practical and theoretical knowledge but not for any placement. You can add it as a qualification degree in your resume.
- Students who are interested in psychology, internship, learning clinical aspects, update their existing knowledge in psychology.