Career Development Course
CAREER COUNSELLING AND GUIDANCE COURSES
Certification Course in Career Counselling and Guidance
Advanced Course in Career Counselling and Guidance
Duration-: 3months/6months/1year (Live)
Title of the module
No. of Classes (1.5 hrs for each class)
Introduction to Guidance and Counselling
1. Definition and differences
2. Principles and Myths
3. Counselling Process
4. Counsellor qualities
5. Counselling Skills
Activities- GD and True and False exercise
Assignment- Question Bank
Career Counselling – I
1. Introduction and importance
· Trait-Factor Approach, Social cognitive career theory, Holland’s theory of vocational choice, Minnesota Theory of Work-Adjustment, Gottfredson’s Theory of Circumscription and Compromise, Developmental Approach
Activity- Guess the theory used
Assignments- Case study for theories
Career Counselling – II
1. Changing faces of Career in the 21st century
2. Descriptive Career Information
3. NCDA Global Competencies
4. 21st Century Skills
5. Sources, Types, Collection and Maintenance of Career Information Material
Assignment- Detailed database creation of any five new job positions or career options. Including career path, qualifications, skills needed, names of colleges offering the course and expected salary range.
1. Career Assessment Interview
2. Use of Assessment in Career Counselling
· Personality Tests
· Intelligence Tests
· Aptitude Tests
· Interest Tests
One major test of each category to be studied in detail.
Interview demos and practice sessions.
Assignment- Record a mock session of yours.
Career Counselling with
Assignment-Pick any one group and write a detailed report in context to a state and city that you are not aware of in India.
Eg:- Someone from Delhi can prepare a report for a college student from Assam.
Education System in India
Different Education Boards in India
Competitive Exams (Overview)
Assignment- Detailed report on any one specialized higher education field and one competitive exam.